Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Just Another Day

It might be St. Patty's day but for us it's just another day. Paul is Irish and I am a tad Irish too so I guess that means Jordyn is a tiny bit Irish as well. But today isn't about being Irish it's about drinking yourself into oblivion and puking up green beer. What a stupid holiday. Being that we live directly between two major Universities in Michigan we are surrounded by drunk morons. So far I have yet to encounter any but I find myself driving extra careful today and I know by the end of the day I will find a drunken moron screaming about how drunk they are. It's bound to happen. You would think the older you get the stupider this holiday would look to you but at work Paul said all the guys were talking about getting out of work at 3pm to get wasted and taking tomorrow off to recover. Seriously? Grown men who work at Toyota? Scientists? Hmmm this irks me. Maybe I'm just an old maid but the idea of going to a bar with a bunch of college drunks screaming, singing and puking sounds worse to me then the dentist. And I hate the dentist.

Jordyn has been trying so hard to talk today. Paul doesn't believe me. He has no faith in her abilities sometimes. Today when I was feeding her breakfast I asked her to eat one more bite and she shook her head while saying NO. Now I can't get her to say it again but it was clear as day. Then I had both her milk and juice sippy and she pointed and said I want this. I asked which one milk or juice and she pointed again and said I want juice. Not a fluke! Then later I was holding her and drinking water. When it was gone I said all gone and she repeated all gone. She's trying so hard! It really bothers me that Paul thinks I'm either lying or that it won't happen again cause she can't repeat everything on demand.

Well that's it for now. I have some errands to run. Happy St. Patty's day.

1 comment:

Adi said...

M does the same thing with talking. Sabe always misses it too... I believe you that she's talking though! :D

And St. Patties for me is Irish stew and lots and lots of green!