Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving yesterday everyone! I had a lot of fun yesterday even though I was exhausted by the end of the day. Jordyn did well and ate a lot of food. This morning I woke up to a nice loaded diaper of crap with pieces of corn and green beans in it. Yum! So Gross!!!

CRAZY STORY: So last Monday I went to pick Paul up from the airport cause he was flying home from Texas. I get in the airport area and I'm going up a ramp to his terminal. On the left side there is a grassy median and I see something big and white trying to fly across the street. It flies over a car and bounces off the pavement and back up into the air right in front of my car so I slammed on the brakes to let it get across the street. Guess what this mystery animal was??? A WHITE OWL!! No joke! My mouth literally dropped open and it stayed that way till Paul got in the car. It was the coolest thing ever. I just hope it's ok cause it looked like it had a hurt wing. I wanted to go look for it but Paul said no. I think I'm gonna start collecting owls now for luck.

Here is the recipe for meatballs Adrienne! It's really easy and makes a lot of food. I was eating it for three days! haha! There are actually no measurements though we just do everything by eye.

2lbs ground sirloin, mixed with 2 eggs beaten with a fork, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley flakes, and Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Roll into small/medium sized balls. The sauce is 2 large cans of tomato sauce and either 2 large cans of tomato paste with Italian seasoning or 4 small ones because I can never find the large cans with the Italian seasoning. I usually mix one large can with two small cans of paste then layer the meatballs and mix the other can of sauce and paste over the top. Set your slow cooker to low and let it cook at least 5 hours! Yummy!!!

1 comment:

Adi said...

AWESOME! Thanks for the recipe! I'm so excited! And that's crazy about the owl! I once saw an owl chasing a little bird in my backyard. I didn't even know owls lived in Utah!