Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Menu

Since Paul is home from Texas after being gone a week I've decided that this weekend needs to be lots of fun before he starts work this Tuesday. I was trying to look for farmer's markets to go to but they close at 1pm so I guess we won't be doing that today. We love Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network and we like to go to the places he goes to if they are near by. Well there are about 7 different places in Minneapolis he has been to so we might go there today. Give me ideas for tomorrow! It's supposed to be 79 degrees tomorrow and 80 on Monday. Monday I just want to play outside and hang out but tomorrow I have nothing planned. Hmmm...

Well anyway here is the menu I have planned for Memorial Day! I'll link recipes.

Mama's Pasta Salad (my mama)
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 orange pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 large onion
2 boxes of Tricolor Rotini
Salad seasoning McCormick
Zesty Italian dressing 3/4 a bottle
Sharp white cheddar cut into chunks
Salami chunks (optional)
Salt & Pepper
Garlic seasoning

Cook pasta till aldente. Cut peppers, onion, cheese and salami. After pasta is cooled mix together with onion, peppers, cheese & salami. Coat in Italian dressing and season with salad seasoning. I eye ball it but probably use 4 TB of the seasoning if not more. Season with salt, pepper and garlic. Mix together and put in the fridge for an hour or two. Yummy! Makes a ton but it's good for days!

Italian Beef Sandwiches
Recipe found Here

And for desert cupcakes!
Recipe by Vanessa found on her cooking blog Here

Can't wait for the yummyness! Now off to work out so I can actually eat all these goodies on Monday!

P.S. A picture of Jordyn just for fun. Can you tell she isn't interested in what I have to say!

No comments: